In this post I am starting to give you some information on how to stitch arraiolos rugs. If I can give a title to this first step, it would be:
"Steps/order of stitching a rug"
- As cross stitch, the Arraiolos has to be stitched in a certain order so the rows of stitches are shown one stitched from right to left and the next from left to right;
- order of stitching:
- first the borders of the border;
- then the borders of all motives
- then filling in the motives
- and lastly the ground of the border and the ground of the centre.
I found this Portuguese blog, which has a very clear flash presentation on the right of the screen. I will make a small film or take photos of me doing the stitches, but that will be step 2...http://subblogdotapete.blogs.sapo.pt/
... meanwhile feel free to ask questions